Sunday 19 August 2007

Clouds



These photo were taken near my home last Friday morning at abot 11.30. The clouds were building up nicely and there were obviously some heavy showers nearby. As part of my Constable research i wanted to take a closer look at some of the things he did with clouds.
it appears that he did variouse sky studies and he called them 'skying' as he wrote in on 23October 1821,he believed that
the sky was one of the mhttp://www.nga.gov.au/Exhibition/CONSTABLE/Default.cfmost important points in a landscape painting and without it there would not be much of a painting as it was the source of light. Like his rainbows he seems to have become obsessed with the painting of sky and would very often do sketches os studies several time a day National Gallery of Australia
Source of Blog from "Constable Impressions of Land Sea and Sky" If there is trouble with the page , the exhibition of Constable was held in 2006

1 comment:

Gesa said...

Hi again,
thanks for looking at my blog - yes - this sounds very interesting, but the photos don't seem to show?
The way I create the links is by clicking on the hyperlink symbol in the blogger 'creat a post' section, it's the fifth symbol on the left... into this, I copy the link of the site I want to link to (which I usually open in a new tab beforehand and just copy... that should be all that is needed... Make sure you're in the compose (and not the html mode) of the create a post section - I think there is a fairly straightforward html tag which you could use too - but the above always works for me (and it should probably work regardless of whether apple of pc).
Let me know if it doesn't work!
Gesa

www.artythings.blogspot.commapstats Button Guide